Friday, February 18, 2011

Winter Walk

On Wednesday, I thought it would be a brilliant idea to go for a walk before our afternoon naps. It was a fairly nice day. So we bundled up, loaded the stroller, and made our way to the park. Actually, it's the "purple park" to Avery. There's also the "big park." They are in opposite directions and how she can designate where she wants to go.

Getting to the park was a piece of cake. The sidewalks were clear, minus a few doggie poops that had rolled off of the melting snow onto the sidewalk. This did not make Avery happy. In fact, she was rather mad that the dogs would put their poop where we had to walk. Her little four-year-old self doesn't get gravity and such.

Back to the walk. We got there with no problem but that soon changed upon arrival. Apparently, snow had been piled at the end of the road throughout the winter so getting to the playground meant we had to trudge through a mountain of snow. Once we got there, we played. Well, Avery played and I followed Kendall around.


Soon after this, she got stuck and I had to climb my butt into this tunnel to rescue her. At the top, we realized that the big slide that would easily hold the two of us had bird poop on it. Plan B was to slide down a narrow and short slide. It was not so easy but I managed to get us back down to the ground unscathed.


Swing time. Big girl can pump herself. Off to push the little nugget.


Right after this, I used my super hero strength and pushed girlfriend a little too hard. She kicked me in my face when I turned my head to talk to Avery. It hurt. It is not the first time I have been nailed while not paying attention by the swing. Avery got me once in my lip. She was wearing rain boots. Thick, rubber rain boots. It was not pleasant.


On the walk home, Avery splashed in every single puddle from the park to our house. To be a kid again. She told me that the puddles wanted to be jumped in. I believe that. I mean, what purpose does a puddle serve anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment