Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Secret Smarty Pants

Instead of taking a nap this morning, Kendall decided to play. The laughter sopn turned into whining. This happens every single day. She 'asks' for a nap by standing by the steps and grunting, I take her to her bed, get her tucked in, she plays for a solid hour, then whines. I go up just to give her back her nukey and then she lays back down to sleep.

Today, I couldn't find her nukey. I picked up the blanket and it fell on the floor and Kendall shouts, "RIGHT DERE!"

Ah ha! I have been right all along! That little nugget can talk, she just does it when she wants to. Outside of 'daddy' and 'doggie,' she pretty much just giggles, grunts, and mumbles. I think I hear her say things all the time, but when I ask and BEG her to say them again or for someone else, she just laughs. I think she is playing a mean trick on me. I swear she said 'jeopardy' the other day, and now I KNOW she did. Waiiiit, maybe she only talks when it's about things she loves, like her nukey and Jeopardy! A mom can dream that one of her kids will share a mutual love for most popular question and answer game!

No comments:

Post a Comment