Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Five Minutes in the Life of Kendall

This all happened in the matter of five minutes today. Prepare yourself. A lot of exciting things are about to happen.


A little slice of victory here for Ms. Kendall. This is Avery's hat. Avery is at school. Kendall saw an opportunity and took it. Smart girl.


Hiding dishes in it the hat is an obvious thing to do.


Hehe.


"Enough of this. I'm getting hot."

Ohhhh...a kleenex. Don't worry. It was new. I got one, so she had to have one. This is what happened. It all started with one small tear.


Which leads to another.


"Are you going to stop me? No?! Alright. I will carry on then."


"This piece is interesting. I must examine it further."


Tearing leads to throwing. It's a dangerous cycle.


She is very pumped right now.


"Oh my. What has happened? I stop paying attention to Elmo for five seconds and he is already singing the lalalala song?!"


Singing with Elmo.


Throwing ripped kleenex up with glee.


"Aren't I cute? Look at me throw it up like confetti."


She's had enough. Time to make a bigger mess. If the kleenex is no longer wanted on the couch, the next best place is on the floor.


With the attention span of a one-year-old, she bails on the kleenex when she spots the baby diaper laying in front of her the entire time.


Time to dress that baby before it has an accident on my couch.


Attempt one: fail but not for lack of determination.


Attempt 2: fail but at least closer.


Crap. The diaper fell.


She'll get it.


"Maybe if I move this baby to the corner of the couch, it will be easier."


Attempt three: fail but at least she started to get creative.


Attempt four: fail. Poor girl.


She has accepted defeat. She looks exhausted. A tired mommy giving love to her baby. What dedication and care. She's a good mommy. I bet she's not mean at all. That baby probably doesn't have to do anything.


Time to dance!


Break time. She's got to get that baby in there just right.


"Are you comfy, baby?"


"Good. I will be right back."


"My feet are cold. Let's see if I can get these puppies to cooperate with me."

There was no such luck. The socks soon defeated her as well. And that poor baby is still hanging around with no diaper on.  I did offer to help. She gave me the stank-eye and walked away.

Just to clarify, she did have more clothes on than just a short sleeved onesie. It is -152 degrees out. She took off all of the rest of her clothes, but just like the diaper and socks, the little buttons on the bottom of this got the best of her as well.

Also, her hair is crazy whack. I know. She wore piggy tails yesterday. I had not gotten around to wetting that mop down at that point.

One final note. If you hadn't noticed her thighs when she was sitting in the Elmo chair, go back and check them out. I love them. I could just take a bite out of those chunky legs. Sorry. I have a weak spot for all baby toes and my baby's thighs. 

2 comments:

  1. Dude, the baby has fallen off the chair. That is neglect right there!!! I need to have a chat with Miss Kendall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. head first even. that poor baby. no diaper and a head injury. who in the world is her mother?!?

    ReplyDelete