Thursday, February 24, 2011

Painted Magnets

After Avery woke up, Kendall went down for her afternoon nap. I swear that most days I am nothing more than a nap time monitor. It's a little more important than being a hall monitor but not much more exciting.

Now, it was Avery's turn for some painting and crafting. My mom got Avery these ceramic magnets for her to paint for Christmas. It's about time we did that.


We got all set up. Avery has an art desk. It is huge. It is covered with art supplies. I will show you it sometime. It's pretty sweet. It was suppose to be my desk. That did not happen. Anyway. She has paints on her desk that she uses all the time but she has never been schooled in the fine art of wiping your brush off between cleanings to reduce cross contamination of colors. Now she knows. She always thought it was cool to go from one color to the next to the next without ever cleaning. This freaked me out a little bit, but I let her do it because they were her paints.


One down, two to go.


Such concentration and determination.


An artist at work.


Here are our final products. I painted one. I bet you can't figure out which one. Avery's too good for you to tell the difference. After they dried, we hung them on the refrigerator. Kendall noticed them immediately. She notices change fast. She ooohed and aaahed.

She reached for them and realized they were too high up. There is a stool in the kitchen three feet away from the fridge, but that is too easy. Instead, she came and got her train ride-on toy. It is on wheels. She pulled it into the kitchen, placed it next to the fridge, and began to climb. See, I told you she was smart.

Avery, being the nice big sister she is, went into the kitchen and told Kendall she couldn't have them and moved them higher. Isn't she nice? I told Avery Kendall could have them. Avery obliged and said, "She can have them. She loves them because I made them and I did such a good job." Exactly.

Kendall has been carrying those magnets around ever since. She only ever grabs the three Avery painted and leaves mine behind. I am starting to get a complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment