Monday, February 28, 2011

An Amazing and Awesome Day

It was my birthday on Saturday. I turned 30. At first I was not too excited about that happening. I liked being 29. I felt that 30 officially made me old. But I have changed my mind. I like 30. It feels regal. It feels comfortable. It feels like I am now a "grown-up."

Being the big grown-up that I am, I had to make breakfast on my birthday morning. Griddles get a little hot. And I don't know if Kendall has the dexterity to flip a pancake.  


My littlest audience member has taken a huge interest in cooking lately. She wants to watch everything, all the time. She is a good little observer. She needs to work on her conversational skills though.


Avery asked for a monkey. This is what she got. It was a little hard to flip it. He lost a leg, tail, and arm. He tasted good though. Between the three of us, we ate all of him. I also made a gazillion more Rascal pancakes. These girls can't get enough of the bite size flapjacks.


I got this little trinket for my birthday from my clan. I have been dropping hints for a few months. And by hints, I mean I spoke full, clear sentences so that it was obvious and apparent what I wished for. I hoped that this got the point across, "I would really like a Kindle for my birthday, like a lot." I would say this, maybe three to four times an day. I kid, it was more like five to six times an hour.  It might not have been the best decision though. I neglected my family all Sunday. Hey, I had a book to read and they had a dad at home all day. He was a good little housekeeper. He cleaned, folded, cooked, and changed diapers all while I laid on the couch reading. He is a keeper.


He also got me crab legs for my birthday dinner. I was a happy, happy girl. I dominated those crab legs. These are the remains. I mean, their fate was inevitable. It was just nice that I was the one who got to enjoy their sacrifice. They were beyond delicious. They also came with a small prime rib. I did a fair showing on that as well. There's more. Wait for it...are you ready? The meal started off with a most amazing bowl of French onion soup. It was completely covered in a blanket of melted, stringy cheese. It was food heaven.

I had an amazingly wonderful birthday. Thirty is not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment