Monday, February 28, 2011

A Conversation with Avery About Magic

Me: "I wish I had a magic wand. If I did, I would use it to do the dishes. It would be able to empty the dishwasher and put everything back where it's suppose to go. Then, I would make it put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher."

Avery: "If I had a magic wand, I would flick it and make it put a movie in. Then, it could push all the buttons on the remote to make it start."

Me: "That's a good idea. I would also make my magic wand pick up all the toys every night and put them back."

Avery: "Yeah, because me and Kendall play with a lot of toys! I would make my magic wand fill the humidifier for you and put it back."

Me: "Aw, that's nice. But it's not that hard to fill the humidifier. I can handle that."

Avery: "Yeah, I know, but I would still do it. I would also make it so it did all of Daddy's work for him so he could be home all the days."

Me: "That's sweet, Avery. Daddy would be happy to hear you say that. I would make my wand mow the grass."

Avery: "Me too! Because it takes a long time and Daddy can't play then. We could ride our bikes longer."

Me: "Absolutely! What else would you do if you had a wand? Would you do anything for Kendall?"

Avery: "Yup. I would make it so her cup ALWAYS had milk in it and no one ever had to fill it up! She drinks a lot of milk."

Me: "She sure does! And I bet she would really like it if her cup was never empty. Anything else you would do?"

Avery: "My wand would make it so you could buy whatever you wanted all the time."
Me: "That would be sweet!"

Avery: "Yeah, it would be. Then we could buy more toys and candy."

No comments:

Post a Comment