Thursday, February 17, 2011

How We ROCKED Valentine's Day

It was Valentine's Day on Monday. Today is Thursday. Oops! We have been trying to enjoy the weather, mostly unsuccessfully, but we have been trying nonetheless.

We had a lovely day full of heart shaped eats!


We started the day off right with pink heart pancakes. At first Avery didn't want to eat them because she thought they would be different than what she was used to. I reassured her they were simply pancakes with two small drops of pink food coloring. Then she ate them. She has inherited another one of my odd traits: visual eating. You think I'm going to eat green ketchup? Nope. Everything I eat better look the way it is suppose to or I will not eat it. When they say people eat with their eyes first, they were talking about me.


We had heart shaped jelly sandwiches for lunch.
Then we made heart pizzas for dinner. Apparently, if your food is in a fun shape, you will eat all of it. In true Twilight Zone fashion, Kendall ate her ENTIRE heart pizza. Every single last bite. I was impressed. And shocked. It probably had something to do with the fact that she was ill that day and had only drank some milk and juice all day long. Girlfriend was starving. Who is her mother and why didn't she feed her? Avery are her entire pizza as well, and part of the big heart. It was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.


Since they ate such a good dinner, they got to have a special Valentine's Day treat of strawberry Jell-o in heart shaped tins. This was Kendall's first Jell-o experience. She's sold.


Who doesn't love squishing Jell-o around in their mouth?

Cupid also delivered some little gifts for the girls.


Avery could single-handedly fill landfills with the amount of straws she uses in a day. A straw cup was necessary for the future of our planet.


Colored bubbles! These are cool, new colored bubbles from Crayola. They are not made for indoor bubble blowing.


Oooooohhhh, pink striped tights. I just scored major points. Tights are her thang, along with shoes and leggings. She knows what she likes. She is a fashionista in training.


Flower growing kit. Let's see if this is successful.


Kendall got this light saber spiny thing. It was a must because of this:


We got this giant light saber spiny thing last year at Disney Princesses on Ice. It was ridiculously overpriced. But just like when I paid $15 on an Elmo helium balloon at Sesame Street Live, I was not going to have meltdown of the century. And I may or may not have kind of dropped Avery on her bum in downtown Milwaukee on the way into Princesses on Ice and felt really bad about it. Guilt = $20 light saber spiny thing. I am a pushover.
Anyway, Kendall is obsessed with this thing but it is big and heavy and Avery also likes it. So now we have two. Peace has been restored, mostly because now that there is nothing to fight over so now neither light saber spiny thing gets touched. Kids are awesome and totally rational.


Avery got this roll of Princess posters.


Look how thick this sucker is. I have no idea how many there are on the roll, but I found it at Target. It was $5. How sweet is that?


So you cut a picture off the roll and color. Pretty technical stuff but I figured it out.


Here's our masterpiece. Cinderella, Belle, and Aurora have blue faces because they were eating blue Popsicles and got them all over their faces. Oh, Avery, you silly, silly girl!

We rounded out the day with Watson on Jeopardy! I love it. It was exciting. Happy Valentine's Day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment