Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Draw your pancakes!!

We have a snow day! Well, Avery has a snow day and everyone else's day is the same! Time to break out the super de duper pancake batter pen! Here's what you need:

A Batter Squeezing Device:

You can spend $13 plus shipping for this one from amazon.com: 

Tovolo 80-4784 Pancake Pen 3-Cup Batter Dispenser

Or you can go to your local Wal-Mart, venture to the cooking gadgets aisle, and pick up this gem for $.97:


Next, and most importantly, you need this:


It's early, on a snow day. Caffeine is a necessity.

Alright. Heat up your griddle or pan and get started. I took some suggestions from the peanut gallery and tried to oblige as best as I could. If you have metal cookies cutters, you could use those as pancake molds if you don't want to free form draw. I do not have metal cutters, only plastic. So free forming it is!

Oh, I forgot the most important thing. Your pancakes will turn out the best if you have an audience. My audience decides to whine everytime I am in the kitchen trying to cook because she wants to see what is happening up there. It would suck to be so short. Since the griddle is hot, I could not stand my audience on a chair for optimal viewing. Instead, she chose to lay on the floor, at my feet, the entire time.


Alright, we are all set. Here, for your viewing pleasure, my pancake drawings:


This is OBVIOUSLY a princess crown. The princess requested it. I did my best.


Butterfly.


Standard Mickey Mouse.


I'm starting to get creative! Swirls. This was a little hard to flip.


"Mom. MOM! Can you make a fairy?!?!"
 Easy enough to draw. I took the picture preflip though, because I did not know what was going to happen.


Man down! MAN DOWN! We lost the legs and piggy tails!!


How much more fun is it to eat mini hearts rather than silver dollars? Avery wouldn't even know what a silver dollar is.


Lame attempt at a flower.

See, that's not so hard! I think next time, we are going to perfect the fairy and maybe use mini chocolate chips and such to make a face. That might be fun. And because I am a rebel, it might be fun to dye the batter red or pink for Valentine's Day and make hearts. Or green for St. Patrick's day and make clovers. Or every color of the rainbow and make rainbows!! Oh, the possibilities are endless! Special occasions warrant special pancakes.

Oh, and my audience stayed for the entire production:


"Look at my foot! Isn't it awesome!?!?"

A little sidebar:  I swear all of these pictures were taken today. BOO the blanket has maintained it's presence through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year. It has become Kendall's favorite things so he stays.

Happy BLIZZARD Day!!

P.S. I totally forgot!!!!!! You probably want to cut the tip on your batter squeezing device as the hole is made to squirt a beautiful, yet fine line of ketchup or mustard, not pancake batter. Alright. Have fun!!





No comments:

Post a Comment