Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sproutin' Seeds


Cupid brought Avery this on Valentine's day. It is a purple Coneflower grow kit. She looks thrilled, doesn't she?


Here's a close-up of it. It's suppose to be pretty easy. There's a nugget of dirt in the bottom. You soak it in some water, put it back into the tin can, and then sprinkle on some seeds.


Don't worry, Kendall got one too. Hers was a little Terra cotta pot with Forget-Me-Not flowers. This is the same concept: dirt, soak, fill, sprinkle.


Here is Avery's all planted and ready to go.


I decorated Kendall's pot a little. Avery's was pretty so Kendall's needed a little pizazz. This is her first flower planting experience.

I am not very good at growing things. I would be more successful if I remembered to water them. Inside or out, I forget to water. I put these on the windowsill by my kitchen sink. That way, when I am washing my hands one of the one thousand times I do in a day, I will see them and water them. Hopefully. It took until 4:00 in the afternoon on the second day to remember even though I had been to the sink a kazillion times.

I will keep you updated on the growth of these little beauties.


No comments:

Post a Comment