Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What Avery's Going to be When She Grows Up

Avery sits on the couch reading Reader's Digest. What? You didn't know that Reader's Digest was on the reading list of a 4-year-old? Well, it is. The following is a conversation we had while she skimmed and perused the latest issue.

Avery: "You know what I am going to be when I grow up?"

Me: "No, I don't. What are you going to be? A princess?"

Avery: "No, not a princess. I am going to be a hero."

Me: "Really?! What kind of hero are you going to be?

Avery: "I am going to be a doctor."

Me: "That's great. Doctor's are heroes."

Avery: "Yes, I know. I am going to be the kind of doctor that helps get babies out of mommies bellies. You know, like that show we watch where the mommies have babies and the doctors come and get them out."

She is referring to the show One Born Every Minute, which may or may not be suitable for her to watch, but I let her anyway. I have Mother of the Year locked in.

Me: "That's a great kind of doctor to be. That would be so great to get to help mommies have babies for a job."

Avery: "Yeah, because babies are so cute! Not when they have bleed on them though. I don't want to touch them when they have bleed on them."

Then she continued reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment