Friday, March 4, 2011

Adventures in Pancake Drawing

 This morning, I was awoken by the sweet sounds of my littlest nugget laughing and giggling in her sleep. She started out with some small, faint giggles but those soon turned into hard, loud belly laughs. And the entire time, her eyes were closed tight. What in the world could a eighteen month old be dreaming about that would make her laugh so hard?!? I bet she was scaring the dog. It's her new favorite thing. She runs to him, full speed, yelling, "BOOO" and crouches down towards him, laughing and laughing. Koda does nothing but lay there. If there isn't food involved, he's not interested. Well, he likes to dance during dance dance party U.S.A. but that's another story in itself.

Since I had a great nights sleep and was woke up by the sweet sounds of toddler laughter, I decided to whip up some pancakes bright and early at 6:30. We still have a boat load of Rascal pancakes from the other day waiting for us in the freezer, but you can never have too many pancakes, right?


I started out with a thin tipped squeeze bottle and made the alphabet. Kendall scarfed down these in a flash!


Avery asked for an octopus. This is the beauty that she got. I named him Ollie. I totally facebook stalked a status my friend Darci had about pancake drawing where a lady told her you could start the face, wait a few minutes, then fill it in. When you flipped it, the face details showed up. Guess what? It works! They do show up!


Here's Ollie, all finished.


Then, I changed to a wider tip on my squeeze bottle and wrote their names. Cuteness!


Here are smiley faces made like Ollie's face. Aren't they awesome! That's the coolest trick ever!

And if anyone is keeping track, Kendall's word count has increased greatly in the past few days.

She has added milk, go, up, and OWIE!

Her favorite word continues to be 'daddy.' Thanks kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment