Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fresh Air!

It was nice out yesterday. Really, really nice. So we decided to grab the bubbles and head outside. Avery wanted to go out back and swing, but there is still a bit of snow, a lot of mud, and even more landmines. One dog can fill up a backyard in one winter. Too much? Sorry. 


A flock of geese was flying over. I told her it was a flock of seagulls. Avery quickly corrected me. There wasn't anyone old enough around to get it. So I ran, I ran so far awaaaay. I crack myself up.


We got colored bubbles from Cupid, remember? Well, they are messy. They claim to be washable. We shall see.


Bubbles?!?! Kendall wanted a part of that action.


Bubble drippings.


They didn't blow very well. One messy dunk produced one itty bitty bubble, even though the wand had four circles on it. Rip. Off.


It totally looks like someone got seriously injured on my sidewalk.


Time to walk. Look at those cute girls.


Avery sped ahead for a puddle.


Kendall wanted in on that action too.


She hears something. Perhaps a dog barking in the distance. So she yelled, "BAHLA YOYA!" Apparently she thought it was Koda barking. Surprisingly, it wasn't.


I was walking backwards while she stood there. Monkey see, monkey do. She walked backwards for a few steps. Then she realized she had limited coordination in this area. She turned back around. She really cracks me up!


What is more fun than two sisters holding hands, jumping in puddles? Nothing. There is nothing better.


Avery found a stick. She broke the stick in half and gave the other half to Kendall. I guess the nice weather and fresh air made everyone nicer.


More bubble blowing. This resulted in pink knees on Kendall's part and pink splotches on coats. I soaked them in cold water. They are washing right now.

If you set aside the pink bubble disaster of '11, this was a fantastic hour spent outside. Everyone was pretty tuckered out. We had to watch Tinkerbell and cuddle. I did not complain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment