Friday, March 11, 2011

Notebook Fun

Two college-ruled notebooks, one blue, one purple, were found in a desk drawer this morning. They are the only remnants of a semester spent writing a compelling thesis on the most boring work of literature ever written. If you ever feel the need to torture yourself with long winded descriptions of nothing, read The Prelude by William Wordsworth. Zzzzzzzzzzzz....sorry. I fall asleep just thinking about it.

Anyway, I gave Avery those notebooks to do whatever she wanted with. She immediately retrieved markers and started writing her name...on every single page. Just one time. Then, since they are hers and I can't touch them, she wrote "No Mom" on five consecutive pages before I promised her I would not touch them.

It has been two hours since Avery received those two notebooks. She has been writing, drawing, and making check marks all while singing random songs. An old yellowed notebook has made me the coolest Mom on the block, except I am not allowed to touch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment