Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some Kendall on a Cloudy Day


She was so utterly distracted by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the T.V. that I could not get her to focus at all. Not only has girlfriend discovered food in the past few weeks, she has also discovered the awesomeness of Mickey, Curious George, and Warehouse Mouse.

Oh, and a little sidebar. We tried to take off the front of Kendall's crib this weekend to start getting her to sleep in her "big girl" bed. We got her a new blanket for her bed. A "big girl" blanket. I made a big deal about it when I put her in her bed. She giggled and burrowed.

I put her down for a nap on Saturday and in one 30 minute span, I had to go up by her eight times to put her back in bed. She was a stealth ninja. Most of the time I had to sneak up there to see if she was indeed out of her bed because I didn't hear her walking around. Every single time, my suspicions would be confirmed. She would be in Avery's room playing, Avery's room reading, my room reading, her room playing, or just sitting in the hallway playing. Sneaky little girl. Finally, after eight times of putting her back in her bed, she fell asleep.

Then Avery decided to take a nap. It was 10:30. That is really early for Avery to take a nap. Kendall had only been sleeping for half of an hour. About two minutes after Avery went up, we heard, "HI RAYRI!" She was up again. But I guess anyone would wake up if their sister went into their room to take a peek.

Needless to say, the side went back on Kendall's crib. We will give it another try this next weekend and see how she does. Baby steps. I don't know if I am ready for my baby to be a big girl yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment