Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pancake Brainstorming

I have not made pancakes in a week. An entire week has passed and I have not used my griddle. That poor thing. So, I bet you can guess what we did this morning! I opened the floor to any ideas for shapes. Here is what transpired today:


Avery is learning about starts in school, so they are on her brain. Little stars are so cute.


A baby chick. It kind of looks like it has a really big nose instead of a beak.


I decided to engulf Avery's name in a nameplate of sorts instead of individual letters. Well, if you write forward, when you flip it, it is backward.

Take two.


This time I wrote it backwards, surrounded it in batter, and then filled in the gaps. This let her name get a little darker so it would stick out when flipped.


TA DAAAAA! How cool is that?


Practice for St. Patrick's Day.


It looks more like a clover when flipped.


I tried to make a rainbow in the same fashion as making a smiley face or nameplate. I made the top arch first, let it sit for a minute, then made the second, let it sit, and so on. It didn't totally work like I expected it would but still pretty sweet.


With the remaining batter, I decided to practice for Easter. Here's a first attempt at a Easter rabbit. I used the thick tip for the face and I should have switched to the thin. But it's a good start.


A carrot for the Easter bunny.


Then I thought about making Easter eggs in the smiley face/nameplate fashion. I think this could be amazing if I used the small tip to make the inner details and filled it in with the thicker tip. These will be fun to eat Easter morning after finding the goods the Easter bunny brings. I think I need a few more squeeze bottles. I have some big, big ideas!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment