Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sunday and Monday Fundays

Today is Tuesday, but in my brain, it is Monday. Sunday was Saturday and Monday was Sunday. I'm not trying to confuse you, I promise. On Sunday, we loaded up the car with two little girls, one very antsy and one clueless as to what was going on, and headed to Wisconsin Dells to Mt. Olympus for the day and night...and day. We had a trunk full of supplies and clothes. Enough to stay for a week, well, maybe only four days, but still. I was prepared for anything. Messes, hunger, boredom, and maybe a tornado. The odds of a tornado striking the Dells in the beginning of March is rather small, but I was prepared for one, nonetheless.

Anyway. We went with another friend-couple of ours and their two little munchkins. The plan was to swim, eat, play, eat, play, sleep, and repeat, minus the sleeping because we were only staying there one night.

Avery was off like a lightening bolt in that water park. She is fearless. We went down slides with tubes, slides without tubes, kiddie slides, and zipped around a lazy river. She went with me, she went with Daddy, she went alone. There was no stopping her. Kendall, on the other hand, was a little more apprehensive. This was not her first swimming excursion, but usually there are less people and less chaos. She splashed a little and farted around. We put her down a little itty bitty kiddie slide and she didn't hate it. She splashed a little more, laughing it up. So, being the sensitive mom that I am, I grabbed her up, slung her on my hip, and climbed the steps to the bigger kiddie slides. We sit down and she is not totally loving it. We went down, she got splashed in the face, and laughed a little. We went down again and she liked it a bit more. Then she was shaking cold and done. I took her to a table to try to get her to sleep. There was no go, but we hung out while our other peoples randomly checked in.


Here's the little nugget spotting her sister down below. She perfected her flirting skillz that day. She smiled at every single lifeguard who walked past our table. She said, "Hi." She batted her eyelashes. She waved and giggled. They all ate it up. She's a star.


Avery came to warm up. Her lips were purple. She joined her sister in running sprints in this little hallway by our table. Apparently it was really fun to just run back and forth. The simple things that make little people happy.

After a while, Kendall was a tired little girl. Our room wasn't going to be ready to check-in to until 4:00, so Daddy took Kendall for a little ride in the car. She never sleeps in the car. She is classic for finally falling asleep right as we turn onto our street. That day, she fell asleep before Daddy was even backed out of the stall. Being traumatized by your mom on a water slide will make a girl extra sleepy.

Avery and I went to check out the indoor theme park. She ran around a play land for a while and then we decided to check out the rides.


This is us on the teacups. Back in the day, I could go on any amusement park ride or roller coaster. Those days are over. They must have disappeared when I turned 30. She had us spinning so fast in that little teacup, that I had to focus totally on her so I didn't spin out of control. Then I had to slow us down a for while. She would spin us fast, I would slow us down when I started to feel a little dizzy. I didn't want to puke on the poor girl. My brain hurt a little after that ride. I think it might have been jostled a little bit. But she sure had fun!


Then she spotted a train car that went around like a Ferris wheel. I could totally handle that. No spinning, no twirling, no dizziness. This was Avery when we started going. She was stoked.

After another round of play land, it was time to finally check into our room. Our friends got into their room and we gathered to devour pizza. After we ate, we got settled into our rooms and put the kids in their jammies. 

 

They all hung out on a bed, eating some snacks before bed.

Boo the blanket made the trip.


Look at that sly little face. She is too cute.

Everyone slept like champs that night. At one point in the night, Eric was snoring. I whisper, "ERIC!" He stops. I doze off. He starts snoring again. I whisper, "ERIC!" He stops. I doze off. He starts at it again. I whisper, with a little more emphasis, "KODA!" Oops. That's not Koda. I woke up all the way and started giggling at my mistake. Eric didn't snore anymore.


Our room had two queen beds and this awesome bunk bed unit. Avery spent almost every second in our room on the top bunk of this bed. She has been asking nonstop for a few months when Kendall will be ready for a big girl bed because when she is, they will have bunk beds and share a room. She is really excited for that. So, she was more than thrilled to sleep on the top of this bunk bed. Kendall wasn't as excited.
  I slept with her in one of the queen beds. In a queen bed, I got the edge. She took up well over half of that bed, but she slept like a champ.


The next morning, Kendall showed Avery a little love. Yes, she is just wearing a diaper and yes, her hair is that pretty. Avery didn't really care about the love. She was watching some Disney cartoon.


Kendall helped with the packing. She made sure the luggage cart didn't move.

After we got the room all packed up and everyone back in their swimming suits, we spent a couple more hours in the water park. Avery was all sorts of fearless again. We went down the slides countless times. It was a blast. Kendall opened up as well. She discovered how awesome the itty bitty kiddie slides were and climbed up and slid down all by herself. Daddy took her down the bigger kiddie slides and she loved them. When he sat down with her, she would yell, "MAMA!" and she would put her arms straight up in the air! What a funny little girl. Her and Avery climbed and slid over and over and over again. We took a small snack break and went right back at it.

After another hour, we were all ready to go home. And by we, I mean Eric and me. Avery and Kendall would have stayed there all day. We knew we had to get going soon or a meltdown from one or both was inevitable. It was almost lunch and they were in desperate need of a nap. We packed them in the car and started the drive home.


Kendall fell asleep in less than five minutes. She looks so cute all snug as a bug. 


Avery soon followed. Soon her head was tilted back and she was catching flies.

It was a wonderful two days and night. Avery asked if we could go back next Sunday. I told her that Mommy and Daddy needed more than one week to recover from two days away from home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment