Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Walk, Swing, Slide, Climb, Run, Ride

Spring has arrived. Well, it was here for the past few days and we get it again tomorrow. It's all downhill after that. Ah, spring in Wisconsin. So rational, consistent, and not bipolar at all.

We took full advantage of an afternoon with nothing to do but just go to the park.


Baby girl needed a little spring hat. Well, 50% of the reason she is wearing the hat is functional and the other 50% is because she looks so dang cute in it.


Swinging: the best thing to happen to childhood since, well, since the swing was invented.


Hey up there!!


Pump that swing, girlfriend.


What a nice big sister. First she pushes the stroller, then she pushes the swing.


Look, I'm wearing shorty pants. Don't look at how pasty white my calves are. I do not tan well. I get lobster red, pray for a tan, peel, itch, complain, and remain pasty white. It's just not in the cards for me. I got tan one summer. But only one. It was the summer between my junior and senior years of high school. I was active then. I hiked, climbed the rocks at a local park, swam, walked, and then I stopped. And I never really started again. Maybe if I become active again, I will tan again. Is that enough to break a sweat? I'll have to sleep on that one.


Rock climber.


Chillin' like a villain.


Pirate ship Captain Avery. "AHOY MATEY!" yelled Avery. It echoed. There were sharks on the playground. It was my job to stab them.


Time to slide! These slides are a little fast for the littlest lady. And they are not low to the ground like slides of our day. Dangerous stuff, those playgrounds these days. Or I am really paranoid. Nah, it's not me, it's them.

We live on an all seasons trail. It's great. It's the best place for running, bike riding, and just meandering. It's long. There are no driveways to navigate. No cars passing by. Perfect place to spend some time with kids who need to burn some energy.


So cute.

Avery took off. Kendall tried to keep up. Those little legs just can't move as fast.


Rest time.


There was a dog barking in the backyard of this house. Kendall yelled, "YOYA! YOYA! BLKAIOSDOASHDASDJAOIASHD! DLKFJOSIDHDSHASDH!"

I imagine she was saying, "KODA! KODA! NO BARKING! BE QUIET!"

But I can't imagine where she would ever get that from. Those words are NEVER said in our house. Not ever. Our dog is perfect. He never barks. I never raise my voice at him. NEVER.


Then we had a shoe meltdown. So I was stuck pushing a 4.5 year old in an umbrella stroller. Cool.

As she rode, we sang some songs. Those songs were predominately from Tangled. And the song of choice was called "Mother Knows Best." She sang at normal decibels until she got the end and then she yelled at the top of her lungs, "MOTHEEEERRRRR KNOWS BEST!!!!!!!!!!" It echoed and echoed! I wanted to yell, "YES I DOOOOOO!!! ANDDD DON'T EVEEERRRRR FORGET ITTTTTTTTT" I didn't though.


Then Kendall joined. Seventy pounds is not super easy to push. Oh well. How cute are they!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment