Thursday, April 14, 2011

10 Things


1. I made chocolate mini doughnuts. They were not as big as a hit as the original doughnuts. I used cocoa powder and I don't think that was the right form of chocolate to use. I think maybe some melted chocolate might be the way to go. I am going to test it out and I'll get back to ya on that one. They sure do look good though. Those darn looks and their deceiving ways.


2. Look at those tall greens. Yup, those are the seeds we planted. With six seedlings, I am thinking we are going to have at least one successful flower. I'm crossing my fingers!


3. It was 70 degrees yesterday. We went to the zoo. It was glorious.
We saw polar bears. This one must be tame. She was a happy, smiley polar bear. No ferocious beast here.


Oh, and we saw some penguins. Look at that one there on the left. Isn't that just the cutest penguin you ever did see? I think so.


4. My little sister is so unbelievably afraid of frogs. Like, really, really afraid of them. Avery and I are not very sympathetic to this fear. In fact, we tend to point out every frog we see. Avery gets out every frog toy we have and taunts her aunt with them. 

So, every single time we go to the zoo, Avery asks me to take a picture of the tree frogs and send it to her aunt. Then we giggle. She never responds. I think it's her way of taking the high road. 


5. Today, on the other hand, it is cold and rainy.

We are watching the third Narnia movie and eating Goldfish crackers. I have a very cuddly little lady today. Kendall's sproutin' some teeth and she is not very happy about it.


6. In other Kendall news, I got the potty chair out today. We are in the introduction stage of potty training.
I am crossing my fingers potty training goes smoothly and very fast. There are a lot of finger crossing situations happening in these parts.

7. We are going to see a stage production of The Wizard of Oz this weekend. I have four straight lines to sew on a Dorothy pillowcase dress for Avery for said viewing. My sewing machine is giving me some sasstitude. It's only sewing giant clumps. For realz. Doesn't it know I have work to do? I may have to bust out the needle and thread and sew that puppy up by hand. But mark my words, that dress will be done. I have had six months to make it and I wait until the last minute. But that is totally how I roll. I work best unda pressure. Then I am a champion because there is no time for losers. So, it's about time another project bites the dust. MAGNIFICOooooo! I will stop now.

8. Tomorrow and Saturday, I am going to be a baking/cooking fool. It's time to make some Easter cutout cookies. I have sent out a request to my biggest kitchen helper and she has accepted the challenge.

I am bringing some sidedishes to our friends house on Saturday for after the play. We are having baby back ribs. I am making some beans that are the bomb and a super amazing variation of potato salad. Looks like my naptimes are going to be busy! Don't worry. I will share them with you next week.

9. Aside from watching all things BravoTV, and I mean all things, I also DVR Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I watched last year and was changed. This year is even better. I highly suggest it. It is on ABC at 7:00. It will change the way you think about food and what you put in the bellies of your little people. On that note, I ordered this today:

Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals

I am so excited to get it in the mail. Avery's favorite cooking show is Jamie at Home. I have a huge crush on him. Like, huge.

10. T-minus 8 days until Water for Elephants comes to the theater. It's a big, big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment