Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Conversation About the Easter Bunny

Avery: (carrying her picture from visiting the Easter Bunny) "I don't think this is the real Easter Bunny. I think it's just a really big man inside a costume."

Me: (in shock, not knowing what to say) "Why do you think that?"

Avery: "Well, look at his hands. The Easter Bunny doesn't have hands."

Really, Avery? Must we be so observant?

Me: "The Easter Bunny is special and he needs hands to carry all of those baskets to kids."

Avery: "Oh riiiight. But last year the Easter Bunny was all white and this year he is white and brown."

Me: "Well, he has to change colors every year so no one figures out who he is."

Totally grasping at straws here, people.

Avery: "OK. So he just puts different colors on every day like I change my clothes?"

Me: "Yup. That's EXACTLY what he does."

It's too soon. Way too soon for her to be questioning the real-ness of the Easter Bunny. Geesh. I am not prepared to answer these huge questions!!

But I think we smoothed this one over. She carried on like nothing ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment