Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ladybugs

Today was a perfect day. It was 60ish. There were clouds, but I didn't care. I was just excited that all of the "land mines" had been picked up in the backyard earlier in the week so it was safe for us to venture out there.

I like to rake. I think it's because I feel like I am vacuuming the grass and making it look all pretty and such. Leaves alongside the fence in our yard is like piles of dog hair around the walls in the house. I feel accomplished when I look around and see multiple piles of leaves waiting to be picked up. I do not do that. I rake, but do not pick up leaves.

When I was raking alongside the garden, I happened to look down into the wet pile of leaves and mud to find this scene:


Avery was beyond thrilled. She loves everything bug related. There were a ton of them. I know they are probably Asian beetles, but I like to pretend they are ladybugs. They were a glorious bright red and rather small.

I had suggested a few months ago that we have a ladybug themed birthday party this year and Avery seemed OK with the idea. I started showing her and explaining to her some ideas that I had and she got excited. I bought a few supplies and a handful of decorations and she was really excited.  But I think finding this pile of ladybugs sealed the deal. I think it was a sign to tell us both that the ladybug party was a great idea.


1 comment:

  1. Stacy fill me in on what your ideas are for the party. I have a lady bug invite design!

    ReplyDelete