Monday, May 2, 2011

Wall Hanging Jewlery Holder

I have a secret. Can you keep it? You can? Alright. I will tell you. In a few months we will have a little girl with pierced ears. We decided years ago that when she turned five, she could get them pierced. She knows that when she turns five she gets to have it done, but she doesn't know when, how and where. Since her and her sister's birthdays are within two weeks of each other, we are going to do it on her birthday to make it extra special.

Due to this monumental event, many awesome earrings will be purchased for said little girl for her birthday. And because it's not fun to have missing earrings, I thought we needed a place to store all of these earrings.

This past month in Martha Stewart Living, there was a project using a large shadow box to make a necklace/jewelry holder. Well, I had a shadow box laying around. Don't ask me why I had a shadow box just laying around, but I did. Mine was on the small side, but I figured it could be used as a ring/bracelet/earring holder and would fit much better in our teeny tiny bathroom.

This is how it turned out:


My glass wouldn't pop out, so I turned it around and hot glued the fabric-lined foam pad inside the box. This makes the perfect holder for push pins to hold rings and bracelets. Earring posts stick in, allowing pairs to stay together, forever. Earrings are like lobsters, you know. They mate for life. Or so I've been told.

As you can tell, I don't have enough jewelry to warrant a jewelry box so this little walling hanging unit suits me just fine. I left ample space for all the little earrings we are going to come to be the proud owners of in a few months.

This was super easy to make. I mean, it only took one swipe of the hot glue gun and it was done. And it looks pretty sweet as a wall hanging in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment