Sunday, May 22, 2011

How We've Been Rollin'

Well hello there! Sorry we've been gone for a while. It's just been so nice outside that we have been enjoying it to the max. I have about five recipes to share but you are going to have to wait for those. Here is what we've been up to lately:


First, we got this little gem the other day. In five days, this hammock has taken over our lives. It is beyond comfortable. Avery has pretty much declared the hammock as her own, but girlfriend better be up for a battle of epic proportions! The best thing is, all three of us can fit in it together.


See? We have some intense conversations in this hammock. Oh, and we sing. We sing loud and proud. Well, mostly during the middle of the day when none of our neighbors are home. But we sing, nonetheless. And the other night, it was prime campfire weather. So Avery and I carried the fire pit over to the hammock side of the yard and chilled fire side. It was glorious.


So I got this super cool app on my phone to edit and process pictures. It is so much fun! I love this picture. Kendall looks so cute and silly!


So, I learned how to use the lawnmower last week. I have now mowed three times. I have elevated from amateur to pro status. Except, this happened. The stinking wheel of the mower got into the pot and BAM! Poor pot. Poor flowers. Poor ego. I have recovered, the pot has not.


We took our first trip of the year to our local ice cream joint the other day. The girls got some Blue Moon. Did you know that Blue Moon ice cream is suppose to taste like Froot Loops cereal? Me either, until I read the description that day. But anyway, K-Dawg was less concerned with ice cream since it was "rush hour" and there were a multitude of trucks driving by. And buses. And tractors. "KRUCK! KRUCK!"


There's that hammock again. This was girlfriends first time relaxing in the hammock. At first, she was a little skerd. But once she discovered the awesomeness, she was hooked.


Circus acts.


I have no idea what was going on here. But that cracks me up!


Oh, and because I have to continually make sure I am earning my Mother of the Year title, I obviously let Kendall climb the slide. It took two days for her to get to the top. Now that she has mastered the technique, she is going up and down, up and down, up and down, aaaaand up and down. She will not climb the ladder so now that she climbs the slide, I don't have to lift her up 174 times a day which allows me more hammock time. You see how that works?
Allowing your kid to do a dangerous maneuver + getting to the top of the slide by herself = more hammock time for the mommy


This is what I will be doing for the next four months. I suppose I will get up every once in a while to make food, but that's it!


Shoes, shoes everywhere. In the house, Kendall tries on every single pair of shoes over and over. Outside, Avery has to have a wardrobe change 83 times an hour and the shoes just pile up.

Alright. So here's the recap.

There's a hammock. Kendall climbs slides. I run over flower pots with mowers. Avery changes her shoes a lot. Picture editing apps are amazing fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment