Monday, May 16, 2011

A Field Trip

Last week, Avery had an all day field trip. It was a big day. She had her first long bus ride. She was eating lunch with her friends. That was  big deal to her. I think she was more excited about eating a brown paper bag lunch than anything. She was also excited that she was going to be there all day long. Most importantly, she wasn't going to have to take a nap. I did not get to go. There were enough parent helpers. At first I was sad. But that quickly changed to excitement for her. She was so pumped to be able to spend the day with her friends. 

 So Kendall and I had an entire day alone. What are two girls with an entire day to kill going to do? Well, I will tell you. We went to the Madison Children's Museum and it was awesome. She was there before but it was with Avery. So when we go there, she did this for about 5 minutes:


Of course, she brought in her sunshades. She just stood there, taking it all in.


Since she wasn't really letting me put her down, I took her to the roof. She dug it up there, for sure.


This was her favorite thing. She would hold onto the railing and put her head against the glass and giggle. And it was at this moment that I realized her shirt was on backwards. Yup. That's right. I guess I was so stoked that her hair went up into a ponytail that I didn't pay attention that her shirt was on wrong.


Climb, plop down, climb, plop down, repeat 100 times.


Note that her shirt is on the right way now. We had to make a pit stop and I quick flipped it around.

Shakey shakey shakey! These blocks were filled with colorful and sparkly water. Fun times.


An artist in the making.

If you haven't been there, go. It is super cool. So much to do. We spent almost 2 hours there and still didn't even play with every thing. Well, that's mostly because homegirl only wanted to do a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment