Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco Things on Cinco De Mayo

1. I have discovered pure awesomeness. Remember how I like, well, love, all things Bravo channel including but not limited to all the Real Housewives of Here or There? I don't like to play favorites but to be honest, my favorite lady is Bethenny. She is h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s. She also makes a bottle of premixed margaritas called SkinnyGirl Margaritas. Now, I am not much of a "drink" drinker. I dig a glass of wine. I have been known to drink a beer or two. Needless to say, I was a little apprehensive to try this but I did. And it was glorious. It was refreshing. Along with a squeeze of fresh lime, I also added a mashed up strawberry to my glass. It sweetened it up juuuuuuust a bit. If you want to see where you can buy your own bottle, check out the official website: http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/home.php


2. We got these chairs yesterday. They are comfy. I had to put them in my trunk to bring them home. It was my first time securing a load with bungee cords. I was a bungee cord using rock star. I asked a manly man in the parking lot to give my securing technique a once over and he gave it two thumbs up. We were successful in our adventure.  That cute little girl sitting in the chair? Oh, her. She's mine. She is fueling up for a bike ride.


3. That cute little girl there? Oh, she's just chillaxing on my lap. Hollywooooood.


4. That there is fresh salsa. Wanna know how easy it is to make it? Just roughly chop 4 tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 jalapeno and put in all a food processor. Squeeze in the juice of one lime and pour in a glob of olive oil. Throw in a handful of cilantro. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is all chip-sized and ready to eat.  Happy May 5th.

5.  It is Mother's Day in four days. We are having brunch here for all the mothers. Not all the mothers in the world. Just our mothers. We all know the love of brunch and brinner with the folk in this house, so we are golden here. This is the menu thus far:

Hashbrown and Scrambled Egg Cups
Biscuits and Gravy
Doughnut Bar: Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Glaze
                      Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze
                      White Cake with Mocha Glaze
                      White Cake with Caramel Glaze and Chopped Pecans
Tiramisu Pound Cake (there's coffee in it, so it is obviously screaming breakfast dessert)
Bloody Mary Bar
And bacon. There will be bacon. There has to be bacon. What kind of brunch would it be without bacon?

Well, there ya go.

Happy Cinco De Mayo, all.






No comments:

Post a Comment