Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a Few Random Thoughts...Randomly

1. I can't stop playing New Mario Bros. on the Wii. Like, literally, CAN. NOT. STOP. I am addicted. But the thing is, I am really bad at it. Like, literally, REALLY. BAD. AT. IT. And I'm not just saying that. I can not get past the second castle on world 1. WORLD 1!! For real. When I was in middle school, I dominated the crap out of Super Mario Bros. Bowser had nothing on my skillz. But now, now I can not get past the first freaking world. So that is what I do when my kids are sleeping. I try and try and try. There are a few problems with this. One is that I get mad. It makes me grumpy. And sweaty. I get a little hot and sweaty because I am frustrated. So I have to give myself a time limit of a half an hour. Then I am done...until the next nap time or bedtime.

Secondly, I turn into a teenage boy when I play the Wii. I drink soda like it is water and eat jalapeno cheddar dip and chips. But since I am not a teenage boy, I get heartburn. Playing the stinking Mario game give me heartburn. Damn Mario. It is all his fault. So I have resorted to looking up cheat routes and such online. I learned how to warp to world 5. But I can't even do that! I die before I get to the spot! I. Am. AWESOME!

OK. I just needed to get that out there. I feel better now. I will try again. Thanks for your support. My name is Stacy and I am a Mario Bros. junky. Hi Stacy, welcome.

2.  The girls' birthdays are in August. In November, Avery already told me she thought they should have a Tangled themed birthday party. Yup, she is just as neurotic as I am. Already planning her birthday....9 months in advance. But I bit. And I feed into it because I think it is a great idea. In fact, there is no turning back now because I already started buying and gathering supplies. Hey, it's not crazy. It is actually very smart, you see. I was instructed that there should be a lot of braids...braids on the invitations, braids to wear, braids here, braids there. So, I figured since it is cold out, I could start braiding things. I made braids for the girls' to wear as a test run for the big day. Here is what we got:



This is Kendall's hair. Her hair ended up being a little shorter than I had anticipated but that turned out to be OK because home girl struggled with this much hair behind her! And yeah, she is naked. She hates to wear clothes. I digress...



Here is Avery's much longer and more Rapunzel-esque hair. Her hair goes almost to her knees. The only thing they are missing is flowers. The girls love these. Each one is just an entire ball of yellow yarn, cut into the same length portions. Then I divided those into three piles, braided them, and put a pony-tail holder on each end. I then put the hair around their heads and used another pony-tail holder to make a circle of hair. I am really good at explaining things, aren't I? Well, even though you TOTALLY got that, here is a picture of the hair:



So there it is.

And that is that. We are having a Tangled birthday. I will keep you posted on the doings of this partay because I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting for more!!!

3.  I started a Line-a-Day Journal. It is pretty sweet and uber fun way to journal. The basic concept is, you have a journal where every page is a day of the year. On that day, every year for 5 years usually, you write a line about your day/random thought/idea/whatnot and continue going on and on and around and around.
The concept is to see what you write year after year, how you change/grow, and to remember what you might have forgotten over the years. It is easy to commit to since it is only one sentence a day...but I have found myself writing some pretty long run-on sentences on some days! 
You can buy a journal on amazon.com:



                                          
I bought a 400 page journal and just filled in the days myself. It is way prettier than the ones you can buy on Amazon. I was turned off by the gold foil edges. They reminded me too much of girlish diaries from the olden days. But it is really fun. I can't wait to make it back around and see what I wrote the year before.

4.  I received my very first piece of pottery from Miss Avery yesterday. She brought it home all wrapped up in tissue paper and insisted I could not see it. Then her and Daddy wrapped it in real wrapping paper and I got to open it. And I love it! It is so very functional. It can hold bobby pins, a tube of Burt's Bees, and in the summer, flower buds.




Isn't it pretty? So cute. And it weighs a TON! I could also use it as a paper weight, if I ever needed to weigh down paper. Oh, and I have no idea why the grey bar is on the bottom of this picture. No matter how many times I downloaded it, it never went away. Odd. Those gosh darn computers.

5. Just because...for no reason at all:


You are welcome.

Have a great day, one and alllll!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That game pisses me off more than certain people in my life. I literally throw a tantrum if I can't beat a level and play only about 5 minutes before Emily kicks me out.

    2. CUTE! Also, love the censor bar.

    3. I found lots of cute 5-year journals on amazon that aren't tweener like. But your idea is better and probably cheaper.

    4. That could be a murder weapon. Keep it out of reach whilst playing Mario.

    5. Just dropped a big "O" and another little "o" after looking again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I am still sucking at it. I threw in the towel for the night.

      2. Thanks. I thought she was too old for a cute naked baby pic and too young for girls gone wild.

      3. I mostly did not want to wait for the journal to be delivered...I was motivated.

      4. Noted.

      5. Me too. He so hot. I think he is neat.

      Delete
  3. LOL - you crack me up sometimes. And a BIG THANK YOU for the pic at the end.

    ReplyDelete