Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hey ya'll...Long Time No See

So, it has been 5 months and 6 days since my last blog post. I never intended on not blogging anymore...it just sort of happened. As the days passed, I would say, "Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will blog again." And then it never happened. As the summer progressed and school started I thought I would have plenty of time to start again. But then I just didn't. I just wasn't feelin' it.

One of the reasons was because people are mean. And say mean things. And sometimes those mean things sting so hard that even twice as much praise can balance it all out.  I'm totally one for constructive criticism but not for blatant cruelty. And let me tell you, other mothers can be MEEEEEEEEEAAAAN. They make you feel bad for doing too much with your kids or doing too little and for cooking at home or for eating out. After a while, it starts to get daunting...like nothing you do is good or right. My intentions with this blog were to show what we were doing and making for no other reasons than as an outlet for myself. And maybe to spark inspiration in the people who read it. So, what I guess I am trying to say is that I let my spirit be broken by petty nonsense. But, after a few months of wallowing in self-pity, I have decided not to let the opinions of those few stop me from doing something that brings me a lot of happiness. So...I'mmmm baaaaaaaaaaack! And I have a lot of goodies saved up from the past few months to share.

Since I gave the mean girls an entire paragraph of attention, I feel it is only necessary to thank those who have been questioning where I have been, asked me to come back, and supported me before I disappeared....and for, hopefully, continued support now that I am back. I really appreciate it, fo sho.


No comments:

Post a Comment