Monday, July 25, 2011

Firsts

This has proved to be a weekend of firsts. Some of the firsts were good firsts. Others are, well, not so great.  But, in the spirit of optimism, let us begin with the good firsts first.

1.  We finally took our boat out on the water for the first time this yesr. What have we been waiting for? Well, that's a good question that has no good answer. It was so much fun.

2.  It was Kendall's first boating experience. She was skeptical at first but warmed up by the time we were almost done. It might have something to do with her level of comfort. It was blazing hot and she was stuffed like a sausage in her life vest. She struggled to maneauver but eventually figured it out. She also voiced her concern anytime we sped up or the boat turned. She is the safety patrol. And she made sure she let Daddy know her dislike with a piercing "DADDY!"

3.  Avery discovered the sheer awesomeness of jumping off the side of the boat into a crisp lake for the first time. And how fun it is to float around in a life vest.

And on a total sidenote, every time I say "boat" or even think it, for that matter, I find my self calling it a bo-at like Dr. Doofenshmirtz does on Phineas and Ferb. Which by the way, if you have never seen it before, you must. It is on the Disney channel all the time. It is hilarious!

One first falls into a sort of neutral category and is a borderline extremely hilarious first. Backstory: I got my hair cut last week. I must have sparked some inspiration in Avery.

4. We had our very first self-haircutting situation. Avery decided that she needed mohawk bangs right in the middle of the front of her hair. I seriously almost wet my pants when I discovered her handy work. She promises never to do again, to herself, her sister or her dog.

Now, we head into the bad first.

5. Avery stepped on a bee and got her first bee sting on the bottom of her foot by her pinky toe. Owwie! She was a champ though. No stinger so we were good.
So that is that. There's never a dull moment. And in case you were wondering, I am almost ready to start painting the dresser project from this weekend. A boat ride sounded more fun than painting! I will totally show you when I'm done. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment