Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pretzel Fudge


I bet you are wondering what that is, huh? Well, if you have any sort of deductive reasoning skillz, you probably realized from the name of the post that this is, indeed, pretzel fudge. If I really wanted you to guess, I would have named the post something like "Mysterious Goodness" or simply "Guess What I Am?" But because I am nice and because I don't want you to have to think too much when viewing this amazingly awesome blog, I make things easy. Maybe it's not so much "easy" as it is "breezy." Like when Monica Geller called Richard's answering machine over and over again to make sure the message she was leaving was "breezy" but, we all know how that turned out! You don't know, you say? Well, then check out season 3, episode 2 of Friends. And yes, I have that memorized. I don't. I am lying. I have to reference my greatest ally on the Internets, my dear wisdom filled friend GOOGLE.

ANYWAY. Enough of the nonsense. Let's get to the good stuff. So, those little morsels of yumminess up there are courtesy of Martha Stewart, domestic goddess. They incorporate all that is right and good in the world: sweet and salty, smooth and crunchy. All that's left, really, is world peace. And free cable T.V. I mean, for real. Does it really need to cost that much for me to watch some Real Housewives of Anywhere  and everything else that the Bravo channel has to offer? I think not. I think I should just be able to pay for the 4 channels we watch outside of the locals. I digress.

Since I have kept you here long enough, wasting your precious time, I will now share with you the secret recipe that Martha has shared with the world via Everyday Foods. You wanna hear it? Well, here we go.

Pretzel Fudge

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels

Combine all the ingredients up the pretzels in a heat proof bowl and melt over a double boiler. Heat until just melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups of pretzels. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cups of pretzels on the top and push in to secure. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Slice and enjoy. These can be kept up to 2 weeks if covered tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment