Monday, July 18, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

It is no secret that we are fans of all things breakfast here. So far, the girls aren't bored with the same 'ole buttermilk pancakes but I came across this amazing recipe for cinnamon roll pancakes. Knowing that cinnamon rolls are never frowned upon by anyone in my house, this seemed like a win-win situation. And what better day to make such a glorious breakfast than Sunday? So, while the little ladies slept in, I fired up the griddle.

And this is what we got:


To say there were a hit is an understatement. They were hugely successful tasty disks of cinnamonly goodness topped with a luxuriously sweet icing. Were those enough descriptive words for you? I hope so because I don't know if I could have fit any more.


Kendall was beyond giddy at her breakfast.


Avery was all business.

These pancakes are a winner. It's a super easy way to get the taste of a cinnamon roll without having to make cinnamon rolls. I found the recipe at bakedbree.com. She took much prettier pictures than I did, but I am so not a photographer.

I dare you to make these pancakes. I double dog dare you. And if you accept this challenge, here is the recipe for you:

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Icing Drizzle

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons milk

To make the pancakes, combine all ingredients and cook on a preheated griddle or pan. I used my cookie scoop and it made 24 4" pancakes. Combine all the ingredients to make the icing drizzle and then drizzle it over the hot pancakes. If the icing seems too thick,just add a splash of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment