Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Total Random Nothingness, Really.

Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker

I bought this little gem yesterday. What is it, you ask? Well, my friend, it is an ice cream maker. We are spending a fortune on ice cream in this joint. So I figured that it might be cost beneficial to the micro- and macro-economic fiscal world for us to invest in an ice cream maker. I was also sold on making my own ice cream when I discovered the limitlessness of ice cream recipes and the ability to monitor what ingredients are included. Chocolate ice cream at home: cream, cocoa, and sugar. Chocolate ice cream from the store: stuff, stuff, stuff, chocolate, stuff, stuff, and more stuff I can't pronounce.

We have been the proud owners of said ice cream maker since yesterday afternoon, so I obviously already found a recipe for mint chocolate chip since it is only the best ice cream, hands down.

We put both bowls in the freezer and intend on making chocolate today, along with strawberry sorbet. It only makes a half of a pint at a time, so I have a feeling we will be going through a lot of milk/cream/yogurt and other dairy products to fulfill our ice cream/sorbet/frozen goodness needs!

I will keep you posted on the awesomeness.


Apparently Avery was having an abstract moment when she was putting the toothbrushes away this morning. It's like the panda and penguin are waiting in line to jump off the diving board. Or they are walking the plank. Someone has a new obsession with pirates. Ahoy matey. Tally ho. Swashbucklers. That's the language I am hearing. I suppose an almost-five-year-old could have worse language than that.

We need a new faucet.


Kindergarten summer school work of art. It is so much fun watching the evolution of drawing of a small child. They go from scribbles, to a blob with blobs on it that they say are you, to an actual drawing of a very excited person with two different sized ears. I love it. It is so much fun. I think the hair on the right side is suppose to be a ponytail. Maybe she is trying to tell me she wants to rock a side-tail, totally 80's style. That would be totally tubular.

No comments:

Post a Comment