Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Camping, Chef's Coats, and Creamed Corn

Man, it seems like this summer is just jammed packed with awesomeness. For three girls who really have nothing we have to do, we sure are busy beavers. This past weekend, we loaded up and went camping. It was a fantastic trip. It was Avery's first camping adventure and she is a born camper. She used pit toilets, slept in a tent during a thunderstorm, and never complained it was only in the mid-60's the entire weekend. There were two reasons for such amazing behavior, and they are both in the picture below:


My brother's friend's daughter was there who is the same age as Avery and they had this giant bouncy mat. Trust me when I say, that thing was fun. There is no documentation of my bouncy mat skillz but they were there. I was launching those girls so high in the air. Mother. Of. The. Year. And holy Hannah, is that thing a workout. The man in charge of supervising all jumpers overheard me joke with Avery about how we should get one in our backyard. That joke was snuffed out when he said it cost $20,000 to buy one. Thanks for ruining my dreams bounce mat supervisor.

There was a reason for our camping adventure. We went with a friend of ours to help with a BBQ cooking competition. I will totally tent it if that means I get to eat baby back ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and brisket. Sign me up.


My better half was the box runner. He felt the need to jazz it up a little bit. He didn't want to just blend in with all the other box runners. Good thing there just happened to be a chef's coat laying around. I totally put in a request for one. If I by chance get it, I will wear it all the time. I will wear it to make pancakes. I will wear it if it is 90 degrees out. I will wear it with a fox. I will wear it in a box.

I will wear it when I make homemade creamed corn.


Looks good, tastes better. I did not do a step-by-step instructions for this one because it is super easy and goes really fast. It was delish as is, but next time, I am going to use corn off of the cob, not frozen. I think that might step up the sweetness factor just a bit.

So, here's the link to the recipe:


Enjoy it, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment