Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicken and Bacon Alfredo Pizza

Sorry for the absence, friends.  Between amazing weather, Father's Day, and a sick baby, I haven't had much time to make this blog happen. But today, I started off the day right with an early nap time for the littlest nugget and some mozzarella sticks for breakfast. Yup. That's right. At 9:30 this morning, I found myself alone and hungry. What's a girl to do? Fire up the deep-fryer and make some mozzarella sticks, that's what. Now I find myself with a full tummy and some time to kill. I could be doing laundry, but where is the fun in that?

Alright, well let's get to it.


There's really no reason why this picture is here. She's not really doing anything all that amazing, except for being cute.


Discovering new ways to utilize the hammock.

Alright. To the food. We had a rainy, rainy week last week. It was the perfect time to cook up some yummy grub. I could eat pizza every day of the week. I love me some pizza. But, that is not the consensus in my house. The girls and I happen to live with a man who despises red sauce of any kind. He just is not a fan. This includes but is not limited to pizza, spaghetti, and lasagna. Pretty much my three food groups are not eaten by the biggest eater in the house. So, I compromise and adapt recipes to be made with Alfredo sauce instead.

I made this pizza before but this time, I thought I would show you how to make it.


First, you need a base for your pizza. I use this. There are many reasons why I use a boxed crust, and I will share a few with you:

1. I usually decide what we are having for dinner just about the time I need to start making dinner. I'm not much of a planner. I fly by the seat of my pants. I'm a rebel like that.

2. I have yet to find a pizza crust that is just right.

3. It takes 5 minutes to get this crust ready to go and it has never failed me yet.

4. It's cheap.


Back to the 'za. Cut up four slices of bacon.


Cut up two chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.


Cut up half of a large onion.


Mince two cloves of garlic.


In a skillet, crisp up the bacon. Drain the bacon and set aside. Pour out all but a tablespoon or so of the bacon drippings.

Cook the chicken in the bacon drippings for approximately 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.


Say "hi" to the cute little girl watching. You don't have a cute little girl watching you? Well, I am sorry to hear that.


Toss the onions in the pan and let them soften up and get to a delicious golden caramel color. Add the garlic and stir for a minute. Remove the onions and garlic from the pan and set aside with all the other toppings.


See my crust in the bottom right corner? Get your crust all ready too. Then you need an Alfredo sauce. I use this one. It's in the refrigerated section of my grocery store by the packets of pasta and other sauces. It's creamy and all sorts of yummy.


Spread some sauce on the crust and top with the bacon, chicken, onions, garlic, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake the pizza at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.


Like that, right there.

You could go even a step further and toss a little grated Parmesan cheese on top. That's pretty hardcore, for sure. Hardcore, and delicious.

Alrighty then. Here's how to do it:


Chicken and Bacon Alfredo Pizza

Ingredients

1 pizza crust
Alfredo sauce
4 slices bacon, cut into pieces
2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1/2 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Make It

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a skillet heated to medium-high, crisp the bacon. Remove from the pan. Discard all bacon drippings except one tablespoon. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Cook the onions until softened and caramelized, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside.

Assemble the pizza: start with Alfredo sauce and top with bacon, chicken, onions and garlic, and mozzarella cheese. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly. Slice it up and chow down!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THAT LOOKS AMAZEBALLS. It should be called Chicken AMAZEBALLS pizza!

    ReplyDelete