Monday, January 31, 2011

How I became a "Mean" Mommy

Since we have had the girls, I do not get to watch many movies or t.v. shows that aren't animated. Even so, I am a Hollywood gossip groupy and an awards show junky. Never one to dislike a beautiful princess dress, Avery watches them with me. Last night just so happened to be the Screen Actors Guild Awards. Exciting, right?!  As the show is starting, random actors are saying, "My name is blah blah blah. I've been a yada yada yada. I'm an actor." Following this lead, I say, "My name is Avery. I am a sassy pants." Maybe not so nice, but in the moment is was very truthful. Without skipping a beat, she fires back, "My name is Mommy and I am mean."

It was impossible to maintain composure and Eric and I both lost it! We were laughing so hard at her witty comeback, but then it hit me...why am I so "mean?"  Her response, "The other day when we were going to play playdoh, you made me get it out, ALL BY MYSELF!"

This can be coupled with her saying she does "EVERYTHING" around here because I asked her to let the dog in the other day! I said, "Everything?"
"Yeah, I have to brush my teeth, get my pajamas, let the dog in, that is EVERYTHING!"

I guess we run quite a tight ship here....

2 comments:

  1. Man am I glad you started this blog. That kid is witty and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! It is so much fun!! I am in blogging overboard right now...I am going to overdose everyone...I just have too much material! haha!

    ReplyDelete