Monday, January 31, 2011

Draw, color, scribble, write

Over the past few weeks, Avery, Kendall, and I have been spending a lot of time coloring since Kendall has figured out that there is more to do with crayons other than eating them. Now, I'm not too bad with a crayon or marker, but my repertoire of drawings are limited.  This results in the same pictures drawn over and over and over...

I decided to take my lack of talent to the internet...that's what it's there for, right?! This lead me on a wild goose chase and lame selection. Barnesandnoble.com to my rescue! I stumbled upon these books:

               

I ordered them along with this little gem:

     We are big fans of making things out of our fingerprints, handprints, and feetprints here, so this was a must-have!

We received them in the mail today. They are AMAZEBALLS!! The first two books teach you step-by-step how to draw everything from animals to vehicles to people using simple shapes and letters.

Of course, Avery and I had to give it a try! The very first masterpiece we undertook was a dragon. Here is how they turned out:


RAWR!!!!!!


Not too shabby. And check out the mad name writing skillz on Avery's dragon! She has only been working on her last name for 2 weeks!

Now my arsenal is full when Avery asks if we can draw...no more lame little doodles for this mommy. I wonder if I am still mean since I asked her to get the markers?! 

p.s. the pictures of the book covers are live links so if you click on them, you will be redirected to bn.com!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You are a mean mommy for asking her to get the markers!

    ReplyDelete